Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Amendment II

Amendment II

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
With this Amendment I have to say I struggle with what the right answer is, or even what position I should have on it.  I understand the importance of every person having the right to own a gun and to ensure their own safety and the safety of their families.  But on the flip side the level of issues that we have had in the country in last few year shootings of young children, and guns falling in kids hands.  It has become an epidemic and that many people continue loose their lives to gun violence.  And so because of the violence it makes standing on anyone side difficult.  Personally I continue to be on the fence because as a law abiding citizen I do not see anything wrong with owning a gun themselves.  But I am against unnecessary killing; shooting when you are not in actual danger.  So I am on the fence I cannot pick a side on this issue and remain neutral.  

Image result for Amendment 2
I found this picture to be kind of funny and show that understanding what the phrase means is important.  It can be misunderstood if not careful.  So I chose this picture also to kind provide a little levity here.  To keep this from being so heavy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment